A plant-based, clinically proven alternative to vitamin A, ideal for those with sensitive skin or for use when pregnant or breastfeeding*. Whilst molecularly, it has no structural resemblance to retinoids, a recent study by the British Journal of Dermatology has found that bakuchiol is comparable to retinol in anti-ageing effects, and is better tolerated than retinol. Able to prevent and restore premature ageing, it helps to stimulate collagen and elastin production. Bakuchiol’s ability to minimise melanin synthesis is combined with blocking the inflammatory pathways within the skin, resulting in a visibly calmed and even skin tone.
Suitable for sensitive skin types
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles
- Improves overall skin texture and tone
- Free from parabens, phthalates, artificial fragrance, alcohol & cruelty
- Bakuchiol - A clinically proven alternative to retinol, bakuchiol helps to stimulate collagen and elastin production, smoothing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Incredibly gentle, it is suitable for those that cannot usually tolerate vitamin A.
Brightening Peptide Precursors - A lipo-amino acid that can penetrate the natural skin barrier with ease. They stop the action of MSH (melanin stimulating hormone), therefore blocking the production of melanin, for a visibly brighter and even skin tone.
- Centella Asiatica - A naturally-derived anti-inflammatory with incredible wound healing benefits on the skin.
- Inka Omega Oil - One of the highest, organic sources of omegas among natural seeds. The natural oil can slip into the gaps between skin cells in the stratum corneum to restore the skin’s natural barrier and block moisture loss.
* Due to ethical considerations the Bakuchiol Peptides formula has not been tested on pregnant women, but there is nothing in the formula which is known to be an issue (eg vitamin A or high levels of exfoliating acids). If you are at all concerned, always consult your doctor.
Medik8 is a medical grade skincare brand that believes in simplifying skincare, whilst delivering innovative technology. Their clean and vegan ingredients are 100% cruelty-free are formulated to deliver you expert results. Their core philosophy is known as “CSA” – Vitamin C in the morning, followed by Sunscreen, and Vitamin A at night.
Although you are able to purchase from the wide range of Medik8 products for yourself, if you are new to Medik8, you may wish to have a skincare consultation with one of our skincare experts to ensure you gain optimal results.
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Bakuchiol, Krameria Triandra Root Extract, Plukenetia Volubilis Seed Oil, Moringa Oleifera Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Centella Asiatica Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Flower Extract, Corallina Officinalis Extract, Coccinia Indica Fruit Extract, Solanum Melongena Fruit Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Curcuma Longa Root Extract, Ocimum Basilicum Flower/Leaf Extract, Ocimum Sanctum Leaf Extract, Eclipta Prostrata Extract, Melia Azadirachta Leaf Extract, Melia Azadirachta Flower Extract, Undecylenoyl Phenylalanine, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil.
*Although we try our best to ensure this list of ingredients is accurate there may be product upgrades from time to time, or slight variants between different regions based on local laws, meaning the only definitive ingredient list is that which is printed on the product packaging.
How to use
After cleansing in the morning and evening, massage 6 drops of Bakuchiol Peptides across the face, neck and décolletage.